Lab Tech I, Cell Bio
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Lab Tech I of Cell Biology for a medical device company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will perform cell culture assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Perform cell culture of in-house cell lines and test articles from outside clients.
- Accurately completes test methods and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Demonstrate proficiency in scientific theory
- Conduct review of results and reports data
- Maintain laboratory notebook (when required) and follows all general and laboratory SOPs.
- Perform assays using appropriate laboratory techniques for lab group assigned to.
- Report observations of ongoing tests to Technical Reviewer or Laboratory Manager.
- Communicate with supervisor and other colleagues pertaining to daily lab activities.
- Prepare reagents and completes reagent batch records.
- Check reagents for expired chemicals and disposes of any expired reagents.
- Keep records according to guidelines and SOPs.
- Prepares samples to be subcontracted.
- Order reagents and consumables as required and uses commodity specification procedure as assigned.
- Perform routine inventory of cell banks and communicates inventory needs to Laboratory Manager
- Evaluate and amend SOPs
- Aid in the training of new employees
- Initiate and write nonconformance and laboratory investigations
- Participate in R&D projects and assay validations
- Provides operational support for Cell Biology activities including (Ex. media/buffer preparation, cleaning activities, and equipment/materials staging/ Aseptic Technique).
- Works on routine assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
Skills and Requirements:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience or equivalent
- BS in Biological Science or other science related field or equivalent experience
- Proficient with mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique
- Proficient with micropipettes and analytical balances
- Ability to manually count cells (i.e. hemacytometer)
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with Biohazards /various Chemicals
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
- Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to Lift 20 lbs routinely
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mike Raletz at (+1) 267-428-7770 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
A growing global leader in the development, delivery and commercialisation of cell therapies have a fantastic job opening for a Technical Service Operator at their office based in Hertfordshire.
A job vacancy for an Associate Scientist position has arisen at a leading biopharmaceuticals company.
Swiss Franc62 - Swiss Franc90 per hour
A global biotechnology company is advertising a vacancy for a Manufacturing Scientist, to be based in their Swiss office.