Lab Operations Specialist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Lab Operations Specialist with a biopharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL. The candidate will develop and administer various laboratory equipment support functions throughout R&D sites. This position involves serving as liaison among internal personnel as well as external organizations, to aid in equipment selection, purchasing (equipment and services), onboarding, calibration/service/repair, and decommissioning. These functions will be executed with consideration for laboratory needs, as well as quality and cost effectiveness of internal and external service providers.
- Interface with vendors, OEM, and internal service organizations to address laboratory equipment service needs.
- Assist R&D personnel with selection and purchase of laboratory equipment and services.
- Provide administrative support throughout equipment lifecycle (onboarding, maintenance/repair, decommissioning).
- Serve as liaison to on-site vendor service personnel.
- Receive incoming work request and generate workorders on demand.
- Process work orders and contracts within IBM Maximo system to ensure equipment status, service activities, and all cost of ownership expenses are properly documented.
- Maintain equipment warranty and service contract data within Maximo system and Access database.
- Process service contract renewals, including review of equipment reliability histories, determination of insourcing potential, and overall assessment of cost benefits.
- Work with department leadership to develop and refine processes in support of department functions.
Skills and Requirements:
- College Degree or equivalent experience. A technical degree (Engineering or Science) is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic regulatory requirements, laboratory safety, and GxP.
- At least 2+ years of experience with a variety of laboratory equipment, either having served as a lab analyst, lab equipment service provider, or both.
- Effective written and oral communication skills capable of accommodating a diverse audience.
- Proficient in data entry, analysis, and presentation
- SAP experience is a plus
- Attention to detail, strong organization and planning skills.
- Capable of independently developing creative solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and positive attitude with a great desire to contribute to our success.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Catherine Nguyen at 215-531-5643.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.