Lab Operations Specialist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Lab operations Specialist for a globally leading pharmaceutical company located in Gaithersburg, MD. Successful candidate will manage and coordinate operational readiness activities in the new lab space including but not limited to: space utilization, vendor communications, new equipment use and training during the construction and roll out of new Research labs in accordance with best practices.
- Manage the transition of Research operations to the new labs, and the relocation of existing laboratory equipment.
- Provide support and collaborate with team members to ensure a smooth transition of Research operations to the new labs.
- Collaborate with suppliers and Facilities & Engineering concerning the acquisition and installation of new lab equipment and preventative maintenance contracts.
- Act as a liaison between facilities and suppliers and collect all necessary information for the induction of new equipment.
- Interface with Facilities on site to ensure existing equipment is maintained properly and functioning optimally, including submitting work orders and coordinating preventative maintenance and calibration schedules.
- Assist with other research operational duties as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- 4+ years of relevant experience with a BA or BS degree
- 3+ years of relevant experience with a MS degree
- Includes 2 years of relevant research experience/experience working with relevant equipment and researchers.
- At least 1-2 years of relevant lab management experience, ideally within the biotech industry installation etc.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in this collaborative work environment.
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
Must demonstrate a detailed understanding and awareness of the type of research and knowledge of laboratory equipment in the relevant laboratories.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility and high attention to detail.
- Excellent skills in MS Word and Excel and ability to work with documents in SharePoint.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Ability to effectively learn new software.
- Willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
- Detailed understanding and awareness of the type of research performed in the relevant laboratories.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Catherine Nguyen at (+1) 215-531-5643 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.