Lab Operations Manager
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Lab Operations Manager for a leading biotechnology company, aiming to develop cutting-edge CAR-T therapeutics for the treatment of hematologic malignancies and solid tumors, located in New York, NY. As the Lab Operations Manager, you will must be passionate about addressing the unmet needs of patients using groundbreaking immuno-therapeutic strategies.
- Setting up and maintaining everyday lab organization, including ordering, receipt and storage of biological samples and lab consumables and invoice management
- Managing Biosafety level 1 and level 2 procedures, guidelines and training: establishing and overseeing all aspects of safety, including tracking and managing of hazardous materials; establishing and facilitating PPE policy; ensuring staff training and adherence to regulatory requirements; coordinating lab safety inspections; working with external safety support providers and biological waste disposal
- Maintaining proper function of laboratory equipment, including coordination of preventative maintenance and repair; purchase of new equipment; maintaining service contracts
- Keeping track of all lab documentation, research protocols and sample/reagent records
- Coordinating with IT maintenance to ensure proper function and use of computers, data collection, software and associated equipment
- Supporting execution of in vitro and in vivo studies under the guidance of senior team members, as required
Skills and Requirements:
- S. (or equivalent) in life sciences with a minimum of 10 years of similar lab management experience in the academia or pharmaceutical industry.
- Background in Quality Assurance / Quality Control
- Ideally experienced in setting-up a new lab
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally
- Strong adaptation, problem-solving, interpersonal, negotiation skills
- Training and mentoring abilities
- Ability to multi-task without compromising quality and accuracy
- Detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping and document control skills
- Highly organized and proactive, strong time management skills
- Previous experience working in labs engaged in antibody therapies, bispecific antibodies, and cellular therapies (i.e., CAR-T) research
- Prior experience helping with isolation, phenotypical and functional characterization of human tumor-infiltrating leukocytes is advantageous
- Familiarity with performing aseptic mammalian tissue culture of cell lines and primary human T cells, downstream functional assays
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.