IT Security Engineer
Proclinical are recruiting for an IT Security Engineer to join a pharmaceutical organisation. This role is on a permanent basis.
- You will advise, train and train IT colleagues, and any other technical teams, such as platform owners, production automation teams, to assist with the distribution of vulnerability remediation across all sites.
- Supply expertise on security hardening best practices, for example: hardening for operational systems and implementing guidance from technology providers for security hardening of hardware.
- Discuss with others to engage and lead business systems owners and technology suppliers in a clear and concise manner to attain assistance and commitment to perform security remediation.
- Operate with a 'service attitude' with an efficient and positive cooperation with technology platform owners, security and any other IT teams.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Educated to a degree level in a computer science or information technology field or corresponding.
- Demonstrable experience working in IT services delivery roles, for example: systems developer, network engineering and operations, or security engineering.
- Exhibited experience in security remediation actions, for example: vulnerability remediation cyber threats and alerts/incidents investigations and handling.
- Comprehension of vulnerability management theory and application, which involves: vulnerability lifecycle and security rating such as CVSS-SIG and CVE-Mitre.
- Works well in a matrix environment with the ability to prioritise delivery in a fast-paced setting.
- Expertise on windows servers, active directory, etc.
- A certification in MSCE would be ideal.
- Know-how of vulnerability solutions such as Qualys, Claroty or similar used in OT networks, and solutions, for example: Ivanti Neurons RBVM, would be preferable.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Tania Maphoso at email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.