IP Associate, Chemistry
A Swiss Biotech company is looking for an Intellectual Property Associate with a speciality in Chemistry to join their team in Lausanne. The talented individual will be responsible for managing the patent portfolio covering chemistry related inventions.
- Manage IP portfolio for chemistry-related inventions and technology platforms (patent drafting and prosecution including the coordination with inventors and outside patent counsels)
- Perform the Freedom-To-Operate analysis
- Monitor competitors, drive competitor IP watch
- Proactively identify and assess potentially patentable inventions as well as support inventors in related activities.
- Perform landscape analysis for new projects
- Support Oppositions, Infringement assessments and Due Diligence negotiation
- Develop awareness on IP among staff
Skills and Requirements
- PhD or MSc. in medicinal or organic chemistry is requirement
- At least 2 years' working experience in managing patent portfolios
- covering chemistry-related inventions
- Demonstrated ability to synthesise, analyse and communicate key information
- Strong interpersonal skills for building networks with key experts and ensuring the interface with internal departments
- Ability to adapt priorities to meet company needs while maintaining effectiveness
- Leadership and project management skills
- Team player
- Good spoken and written English are required
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.