Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Histotechnician with a biopharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA
- Ability to consistently produce high quality histological slides.
- Capable of performing or developing requested immunohistochemical techniques.
- Recognize variations in tissue specimens.
- Knowledge of chemical rational of staining procedures.
- Ability to recognize technical issues and troubleshoot accordingly.
- Establish and exercise proper quality control.
- Analyzes, interprets, and evaluates results at each tissue processing step to maintain quality control.
- Completely follow established protocols and assess results with supervision.
- Recognize and report experimental variances.
- Apply basic scientific principles to work.
- Learn and effectively implement new experimental protocols and/or techniques. Maintain laboratory equipment and optimize laboratory operations for efficient use of time, laboratory supplies and reagents, when appropriate.
- Consult literature to understand scientific purpose of assignments. Impact projects predominantly through lab-based activities.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials and GxP compliance.
- Knowledge of IT aptitude.
Skills and Requirements:
- S./B.A. Biology/Chemistry or related field is preferred, with 3-5 + years relevant experience.
- HT (ASCP) certification is preferred, but a candidate with strong biology skills and a willingness to learn may be considered.
- Histotechnologist Certification (HT) preferred.
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC) experience preferred.
- Applicable animal experience desired.
- Ideally greater than 3 years of experience within a histology/pathology laboratory within a GLP pharmaceutical company, CRO, hospital or diagnostic company. Capable of developing immunohistochemical protocols.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Zachary Hines at 215-531-6914.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.