Health Outcomes Scientist
A large biotech is in search for Health Outcomes Scientist to develop and ensure appropriate health outcomes research strategies are in place to support Pricing, Reimbursement and Access activities for products. This is a contracted role with the possibility of an extension.
- Establishes and maintains a broad network of contacts within the health care sector, pharmaceutical industry, health technology assessment agencies, and academia.
- Anticipates and evaluates future market needs and trends for health outcomes information within specified health care environments.
- Maintains a presence and relationship with the research community related to the relevant therapeutic area or disease state
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of economic evaluation methodologies and provides accurate interpretations of findings.
- Influences the internal and external environment and environmental factors that shape and impact health outcomes.
- Adapts and utilises information to maximise interactions with internal and external customers.
- Provides strategic direction to address complex health outcomes challenges.
- Formulates or significantly contributes to health outcomes strategies for multiple projects and/or geographies.
- Applies and seeks technical expertise to conduct scientific research in the health outcomes field.
- Defines and shapes research with key partners and vendors to efficiently produce high quality research results.
- Ensures health outcomes program/process of study research agenda budgets are realistic, attained on time, and on budget.
- Effectively communicates status of projects to management and key business partners to keep them informed of project status, budget implications, etc.
- Effectively communicates health outcomes information to internal business partners, the scientific community, and customers. Leads dissemination of health outcomes information in appropriate scientific venues via development, preparation, and presentation of abstracts, posters, and manuscripts
- Establishes and maintains strategic relationships with key internal and external decision makers.
- Builds relationships internally and externally that promote learning, obtain results, and strengthen alliances with the health outcomes function.
- Unites people, processes, and resources to take action towards a common goal.
- Recruit, develop and manage performance of HO talent, as required by the role.
Skills and Requirements
- An advanced degree, including Ph.D., M.D., or PharmD/Master's degree with relevant experience in an appropriate discipline will generally be required, although significant previous training and experience in designing and conducting research and disseminating the results in the areas of health economics, health outcomes, disease management, and/or population health may substitute for the formal degree requirement.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully in a team-oriented/cross-functional environment.
- The ability to think and act globally with a customer focus and a solution orientation.
- The ability to travel domestically and to international locations.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.