Head of Vectorology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Head of Vectorology for a global pharmaceutical company located in Boston, MA. As the Head of Vectorology, you will be responsible and accountable for leading a team that contributes to discovery research gene therapy projects across a range of disease areas.
- Provide leadership to a team of Vectorology Leads and Molecular Biology Specialists to design vectors appropriate for gene therapy therapeutic development and technology advancement projects.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate data interpretations of the results of studies conducted by self and team members.
- Represent the Vectorology team as the member of the Gene Therapy Leadership Team.
- Enable the Vectorology team members to cross collaborate within the Global Gene Therapy team, multiple Discovery Disease Units, global research platforms, Pharmaceutical Sciences and other departments.
- Provide scientific and strategic input to therapeutic gene therapy projects and gain alignment with other critical line functions.
- Ability to balance multiple projects under a demanding timeline while providing guidance to a team of scientists.
- Advice project teams on experimental planning to ensure good quality readout can be obtained to drive go/no-go decisions.
- Stay on top of the literature and industrial technical advancement to improve vectorology capabilities by identifying novel approaches and propose experimental plan to test the hypothesis with the internal team and by the utilization of CROs.
- Accountable for the development of organizational culture and capabilities. Ability to balance multiple projects under a demanding timeline while fostering a culture of cohesion, team work and transparency.
- Responsible for management of resourcing and budget planning for his/her area of focus and accountable for effectiveness and timelines of completion of project goals.
- Follow compliance of documentation in electronic lab notebook and author scientific reports that supports internal documentation and regulatory submissions.
Skills and Requirements:
- PHD degree in a scientific discipline with 12+ years of research experience, including 7 years of industry experience required. Prior managerial experience is also required.
- Prior experience in gene therapy drug development experience using different molecular mechanisms (gene transfer, regulation and/or editing) with delivery vehicles including but not limited to viral and non-viral delivery with an in vivo and/or ex vivo approach.
- Previous experience successfully leading an external collaboration (academic and/or industry) involving design of study plan, oversees execution and frequent evaluation of results to provide decision recommendations. Demonstration of successful go/no-go decision in asset and technologies in-licensing would be a plus.
- Understanding of compliance and work with external collaborators with a mindset of documentation requirement needed for further utilization of data in future regulatory filing. Prior experience in leading and/or involvement in successful technology and data transfer from external partner to internalize project is a plus.
- Diplomacy and positive influencing abilities with excellent communication skills are essential for this role.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.