Haemophilia Medical Science Liaison
A leading biotechnology company is seeking to recruit an Haemophilia Medical Science Liaison to their office in Germany. The company is known for its work in developing therapeutics that treat rare genetic diseases, some of which affect as few as 1000 people worldwide. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic global business and support its commercial presence across Europe, along with other regions.
- Responsible for being the subject matter experts on developmental and commercial product scientific and medical knowledge.
- Setting the Medical Affairs product strategy and leading global Medical Affairs activities for each company product progressing from pipeline status through product launch to post-approval status.
- Collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to define product strategy, developing and communicating key scientific messages to stakeholders in preparation for a commercial product launch.
- Leading efforts to develop additional scientific evidence to support commercial product viability.
- Acting as the critical link between the company and the external health care professionals using company products by supporting scientific and medical knowledge dissemination.
- Supporting clinical trials through company-sponsored research, the championing of Investigator Research proposals (IRs) and support of company registries and other clinical programmes.
- Thorough knowledge of hospitals, KOLs, competitor activities, studies, trends, influencers, formularies, buyers, and reimbursement providers across territory.
- Maintaining clinical and technical expertise in Haemophilia; reviewing scientific journals, attending scientific and key technical meetings in territory and sharing learnings with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of both clinical and commercial strategies and priorities.
- Act as the primary source of scientific therapy area and product knowledge in territory for External and Internal stakeholders.
- Working with the regional and national collaborative groups, guidelines committees as needed to ensure accurate and timely responses to requests of product and disease state information.
- Identifying, building and developing strong relationships with KOLs, key investigators and key treatment centres to facilitate mutually beneficial research on company products.
- Delivering high-quality scientific presentations on Therapy Area/company products to physicians and other key external customers.
- Providing medical support during scientific congresses and symposia, such as presence at GMAF booths and attendance of company sponsored events.
- Assisting in the management of territory KOLs / Investigators (IRs) involved in publications in collaboration with GMAF stakeholders, as needed.
- Responding to unsolicited requests regarding interest in investigator sponsored studies (ISS), and support ISS submissions or other research/educational support requests through appropriate internal processes.
- Visit potential research sites to determine the site's ability to conduct and accrue to clinical research studies and registries (i.e. patient volume, research experience, methodologies, competing studies, etc.)
- Implementation and coordination of independent research (IR) activities intended to support the clinical and scientific strategy for Haemophilia.
Skills and Requirements:
- Assure compliance with company operational guidelines
- Develops and delivers well organised and effective presentations.
- Adapts communication style, message and delivery method and medium to audience; knows when to ask for guidance on complex or difficult messages.
- Takes ownership of, and accountability for, completing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates determination in identifying and persevering through obstacles.
- Demonstrates ability to recognise, understand, articulate and respond promptly to issues, risks and opportunities that arise.
- Appropriately escalates potential issues, clearly communicating whether the escalation is informational or requires action.
- Familiar with HCP key influencers in the region or geography.
- Understands HCP areas of focus and importance of relationships to company strategy.
- Demonstrates a concerted effort to understand HCPs, access providers and payors; stays up to date on news of each organisation and/or individual.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of relevant therapeutic area and disease conditions and unmet medical needs.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of products(s) used to treat Haemophilia patients, their mechanism of action, efficacy, safety concerns and development status.
- Demonstrates an understanding of local or country-specific regulations and how they affect current study work.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Kain Rix at +44 2074400633 com or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.