Group Leader / Associate Director - AAV Engineering
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Group Leader/Associate Director of AAV Engineering with a global biopharmaceutical company located in Gaithersburg, MD.
- Lead and manage a multidisciplinary team to engineer next generation AAV vectors with improved specific targeting, efficacy, transduction, and safety for a variety of research and clinical applications.
- Interact and collaborate with leaders across all therapeutic areas aiming to address the major challenges associated with AAVs and deliver pipeline projects.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in AAV Biology, Virology, Cell Biology or other relevant scientific discipline with 10+ years of extensive experience in AAV research and gene therapy.
- In-depth knowledge in AAV biology and extensive hands-on experience in engineering novel AAV vectors for targeted deliveries.
- Proven capability to identify and develop new AAV applications.
- Recognized leader in scientific specialty as evidenced by strong publications in leading peer reviewed journals.
- Track record in establishing high level strategies for new technology development and applying new technologies in pipeline projects.
- Effective communication and influencing skills with the proven ability to lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent team player and team builder with good interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to motivate, mentor and develop others.
- Strong and energetic leader with good capability to make sound and timely decisions.
- In vivo experience using animal models.
- Experience in AAV production and purification.
- Experience in gene correction and genome editing using CRISPR.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Max Robinson at (+1) 929-388-1651 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.