Grants Manager A
Proclinical is seeking a Grants Manager A for a medical organization located in Philadelphia, PA.
Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Responsible for the preparation, review, and submission of sponsored program research proposals from initial PI direction through to submission to sponsor.
- Prepare accurate budgets and budget documentation using current and future salary and other cost elements, understanding sponsoring agency regulations and policy in budget development.
- Become familiar with each proposal solicitation to be able to advise PIs in the preparation of correct proposal files within in PennERA, NSF Fastlane; NIH Commons; Grants.gov, RIS etc.
- Maintain checklists of necessary components based on sponsor guidelines as delineated in each Broad Agency Announcement; advise supervisors and PIs of required components.
- Prepare forms and required components for post submission, pre award sponsor surveys and requests.
- Act as liaison between faculty and ORS and PCI especially regarding management of tight timelines and maintain accuracy in both processing and advising PIs of next steps to manage submissions.
- Maintain current & pending support files and records of proposal files.
- Develop, prepare and document pre award grant proposal budgets in excel and or sponsor forms in consultation with faculty to create appropriate cost proposals conforming to detailed sponsor guidelines and policies regarding allowability, allocability. Advise PIs of changes necessary for compliance. Create budget justification documentation in support of cost proposals.
- In appropriate online systems, create and populate research proposals conforming with sponsor and guidelines, managing checklists of all necessary documents. Work with ORS and PIs to adjust or make other necessary changes to documents prior to submission.
- Examine each proposal response announcement for variations from past practices and stay current with detailed instructions particular to each submission and advise PIs of such requirements and details.
- Issue RFPs (Requests for Proposal) to manage subaward input documentation and advise subcontracting partners of necessary requirements and timing for submission of subcontract documentation.
- Prepare budget and cost proposal revisions to previously submitted documents at sponsor request. Provide sponsors with additional details of cost elements and maintain accurate record of changes to initial submissions.
- Support other Research Services roles & responsibilities as necessary.
Skills and Requirements:
- 35 years of Grants experience
- Proficiency in utilizing Excel
- NIH, DOD, Federal Grant Experience a plus
- Focus on academia
- Able to multitask.
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday onsite to start. After training is over only Tuesdays and Wednesdays onsite.
- Team player
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Janelle Jones at +(1) 267-297-3257
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.