Global Medical Research Lead (Therapeutic Area)
An internationally leading pharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit a Global Medical Research Lead to their office in Switzerland. Specialising in multiple therapy areas, the company boasts a superb pipeline with products that include treatments for diabetes, cancer and asthma. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a company that operates in over 90 countries across the globe.
- Post-approval research excellence within the CMO, with emphasis on building a central hub for data integration and value generation.
- Partnering with GPT Evidence Generation sub team (a multidisciplinary team), to develop/optimize the integrated strategic evidence generation plans across therapeutic areas, proactively anticipating any potential gaps and adjusting tactical plans to address these.
- Supporting the development of a strategy for all study types within the CMO, i.e. sponsored studies (MACs), Collaborative research and IIRs.
- Providing innovative thinking and scientific expertise into post-approval research programs and real-world evidence strategies.
- Working closely with agencies (directing them) to support the development of a strategic integrated evidence generation plan.
- Supporting strategic discussions for each assigned therapeutic area to identify research gaps and develop aligned strategic and tactical plans to address these gaps.
- Working closely with GMA GPT representatives and partners responsible for executing evidence generation plan.
- Driving, building and maintaining the strategic evidence generation plans, closely partnering with the GML, PVPA and GORE with input from multiple stakeholders (regions, SQS, etc).
- Establishing GMA framework (i.e. sub team to asset strategy team) to support evidence generation needs.
- Collaborating with cross-functional team members to define global evidentiary needs of key stakeholders (Regulatory bodies, HCPs, Patients/caregivers, Payers, and HTA bodies) to serve the evolving healthcare environment.
- Supporting collaborative strategic planning and mapping of evidence generation activities with key internal stakeholders to develop aligned and integrated generation strategies and plans.
- Providing strategic leadership and scientific direction on medical evidence activities in order to:
- Set standards for utilization of medical data.
- Maximize patients access to our innovative medicines.
- Participating as a functional expert on other cross-functional leadership teams.
Skills and Requirements:
- An advanced degree in a health sciences related field is required, with PharmD, PhD or MD, or geographic equivalent is preferred.
- 8-10 years in Medical Affairs, Clinical Research or Outcomes Research within a biopharmaceutical industry setting is preferred.
- Experience in Medical /Real World Evidence Generation is preferred.
- An understanding of research methodology and its application to medical research planning is preferred.
- Superior communication, strategic, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Ability to proactively predict issues and solve problems.
- Ability to drive decision-making within a multi-disciplinary, multi-regional, matrix teams.
- Diplomacy and positive influencing abilities knowledge.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings.
- Overnight travel may be required (10-20%), including some weekend commitments.
- Limited international travel may be required.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Kelechi Dyke at 0203 854 0200 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.