Global Medical Director - Oncology
An opportunity has arisen for a Global Medical Director with a speciality in Oncology. This position offers the right candidate a chance to breakthrough oncology specialist and chart long term strategy across major geographies and multiple solid tumour types.
- Recruit and educate key opinion leaders and practitioners from the oncology and genetics communities,
- Source, close and implement deals with top medical centres, clinical laboratory partners and distributors
- Design and execute local marketing programs and presentations to a variety of medical audiences and represent the company at international and regional oncology conferences
- Understand reimbursement dynamics in key markets and work with market access and commercial leadership teams, and with local partners to pursue coverage accordingly
- Lead submissions for public tenders
- Liaise with external KOLs and internal teams on Investigator Initiated Trials (IITs)
- Establish productive relationships and work with internal departments (support, clinical, lab ops, engineering, etc.) to achieve territory goals, clear roadblocks or solve customer problems as they arise,
- Work closely with regional managers and regional directors to review opportunities and provide proactive, regular reports on progress to goals
- Use the salesforce.com software and other productivity tools to plan sales calls, record customer interactions, and capture new business opportunities
Skills and Requirements
- Medical Doctor with Medical Affairs experience in Oncology
- Experience in Evidence Generation within or outside the pharmaceutical industry, including trial design, conduct, analysis, and reporting of clinical trials
- Experience with launch of drugs/indications is a plus
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical and medical device companies.