Global Medical Director
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Global Medical Director for a pharmaceutical company located in Waltham, MA; Durham, NC and Collegeville, PA. Successful candidate will work independently, the Medical/Scientific Director is capable of fully leading designated aspects of the Medical Affairs strategic planning process and its implementation on behalf of the Global Medical Affairs Leader (GMAL) and in collaboration with her/his peers and other functions in the medical affairs team. The scope of the role therefore mirrors parts of the scope of the GMAL role, to whom she/he is accountable. This may include the following activities:
- Plays an integral role in building/optimising the Global Medical Affairs Plan (MAP) and Integrated Evidence Plan (IEP) for the relevant asset/indication(s)
- Drives delivery of designated above-country elements of the MAP, e.g. Advisory Boards, Symposia, Educational Events
- Drives the development and/or approval of promotional, educational, training and other materials and responses
- Drives the congress planning and coordination from a brand perspective, including pre- and post-congress deliverables
- Drives the scientific training coordination and execution from a brand perspective, including material development and/or approval
- partnerships from a GMA perspective for the relevant asset/indication(s)
- Drives excellence in Scientific Engagement (SE) with key stakeholders (HCPs, Patients, Payors and Regulators) to gain a deep understanding of customer needs
- High level of responsibility for successful delivery of critical projects and processes
- Responsible for building and driving the Global Medical Affairs strategy and IEP for the asset/indication(s), on behalf of the GMAL
- Building credibility through the richness of her/his content expertise
- Responsible for successful delivery of Global Integrated Medical Affairs Plans (MAPs), Medical (Pre)Launch Plans, and Integrated Evidence Plans (IEP) for the relevant asset/indication(s) in accordance with industry and statutory requirements
- Responsible for driving excellence in external engagement - building credibility with, and insights through, a strong external network
- Ensures appropriate medical governance including the management of product-related issues with potential impact on patient safety
- Responsible for driving the congress planning and coordination from a brand perspective, including pre- and post-congress deliverables
- Deputizes regularly for the GMAL as required
Skills and Requirements:
- Medical Doctor-Board Certification (or equivalent credentials) or extensive clinical and industry experience Oncology, PhD or PharmD
- Industry and/or clinical experience in the oncology therapeutic area
- Significant disease and therapeutic area knowledge
- Broad drug development experience with robust knowledge of GCP regulatory/ market access and reimbursement requirements
- Ability to develop, design and implement expanded access program studies
- Significant experience in Global Medical Affairs and life cycle management, including launch support requirements
- Robust understanding of promotional codes/regulations; previous involvement in review and approval processes
- Highly developed leadership, networking, communication, intercultural communication skills and influencing skills to work effectively in a complex matrix and global environment
- Demonstrated ability to build strong internal and external networks
- Ability to work across time zones and to travel
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Sarah Beshara at (+1) 267-477-3355 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.