Global Commercial Diagnostics Director - Oncology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Global Commercial Diagnostics Director of Oncology with a global biopharmaceutical company located in Gaithersburg, MD. As the Diagnostics Director of Oncology, you will play a pivotal role in channeling the company's scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on improving patients' lives.
- Shape the environment for a new and disruptive approach to diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer patients.
- Create and implement the Commercial Diagnostics strategy with the company globally.
- The successful individual will have a proven track record in effective collaboration across multiple skillsets managing internal and external stakeholders, including alliance partnerships.
- Co-lead the global commercial diagnostics plan for the brand between the companies, and will be responsible to build a strong collaborative relationship with the European teams; hence requiring outstanding leadership in all areas of biomarker management, as well as alliance collaboration management.
- Ensure timely input into global commercial and cross-functional plans, to support optimal in-market companion diagnostics/testing solutions that enable optimal treatment choices and support patient access to the right drugs within the right indications.
- Develop strategic and long-term partnerships with relevant external oncology stakeholders and decision makers through the development of the company's leadership with advocacy, diagnostic organizations, thought leaders and HTA/payers' organizations to help inform and develop a best in class diagnostics capabilities aligned with the commercial needs of our portfolio.
Skills and Requirements:
- Advanced degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, MBA) is preferred
- Pharmaceutical industry experience or relevant medical/clinical setting experience
- Proven track record in launch and commercialisation of diagnostic(s)
- Leadership and ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Strategic innovative thinking (we are creating a new low HER2 market)
- Highly collaborative
- Globally expertise; previous or current experience with diagnostic landscapes and HC systems
- Solid technical background in diagnostics (credibility with translational science & precision medicine)
- Significant Diagnostics/Assay development knowledge and experience
- Understanding of drug development and commercialization processes including understanding of outcomes research /payer access issues
- Proven ability to generate, analyze and interpret clinical trial and published data
- Track record of successfully developing and executing commercial / Dx Plans both in terms of Strategic development, tactical implementation and effective in-market partnerships and external expert engagements
- Ability to manage multiple projects and products simultaneously to ensure timely, on-target and within budget accomplishment of tasks
- The candidate is expected to have strong relationship building, matrix management and influencing skills with the ability to work effectively with Alliance partners, cross-functional teams including development, marketing, and health outcomes.
- Good communication and presentation skills in English
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.