EU Head Medical Affairs - Rare Diseases/Haemophilia
An international biotechnology company is recruiting an EU Head Medical Affairs - Rare Diseases/Haemophilia to their European office. The organisation focuses on gene therapy to treat the suffering of people suffering from chronic systemic diseases. With a next-generation gene therapy platform to provide treatments for a wide range of diseases, this position represents an exciting opportunity to work with a leading company.
- Provide medical expert knowledge for the products and therapy areas for which they are responsible. This could include developing expertise in new areas as the company develops and will include contributing to project teams for assigned products.
- Remain up to date with therapy area and ensure this is appropriately communicated across the organisation.
- The creation, agreement and delivery of a global medical affairs strategy for the products and therapy areas for which they are responsible.
- Leading and managing KOL interactions including advisory board management.
- Ensure all GMA activity is compliant with relevant legal regulatory and industry standards.
- Work with appropriate partners to support the development of market access strategies for the company's portfolio.
- Establish clear directions for GMA, ensuring clear and appropriate objectives and role guides are established for each function as the group expands and additional members are recruited and that such staff are appropriately managed and trained.
- Training of non-GMA staff as required.
- Ensuring medical content of documents is accurate and of high quality.
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders providing support as required.
- Appropriately manage and engage any third-party providers, e.g. event organisers, to ensure business objectives are met.
Skills and Requirements:
- Medical degree with a relevant post graduate qualification.
- Significant experience in Global Medical Affairs.
- Experience of working with GTMP, haemophilia or rare disease products.
- A demonstrated ability to create and drive an effective global medical affairs strategy.
- Experience of promotional material review.
- Experience of establishing a medical affairs compliance framework.
- Significant line management experience ideally including experience building, managing, and developing country level medical affairs teams.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the therapy area they will be supporting and a demonstrated ability to learn about other therapy areas.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Tom Russell at +44 203 824 6104 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.