ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Epidemiologist position with a leading pharmaceutical research company. The organization prides itself on its solid commercial portfolio of life-saving drugs within a number of therapy areas, along with a growing pipeline of investigational drugs and an unmatched patient access program. Based in the company's California office, this is an exciting opportunity to work with an internationally renowned company and support their innovative impact on the healthcare field.
The Epidemiologist will contribute to the design and execution of observational studies. They will be actively involved in the planning and preparation of protocols, analyses and interpretation of data, study reports, regulatory documents/submissions, conference abstracts and/or presentations, and manuscripts. The successful candidate will also demonstrate knowledge of statistical programming principles, analysis methods and data resources, and their appropriate use.
- Design and execute observational or non-interventional studies with minimal oversight
- Perform other epidemiology activities, including interaction or oversight with CROs to accomplish business objectives
- Contribute to the analysis and interpretation of results and preparation of study reports, conference abstracts and/or presentations, and manuscripts
- Contribute to preparation and review of safety documents in response to regulatory authorities
- Review, synthesize, and critique the published literature and generate (systematic) reviews
- Participate in the assessment and integration/implementation of new data resources, methods, technology and analytic tools
- Contribute to analytical/validation activities for studies/projects in collaboration with Epidemiology Programming staff
- Actively contribute to identification and assessment of safety signals and trends using active surveillance methods
- Perform data analysis/validation utilizing industry-standard analytic tools
- Develop and/or review Statistical Analysis Plans
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, teamwork and initiative, with flexibility to adapt to the needs of the organization; maintain meticulous attention to project deadlines
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in Epidemiology OR an MD/PharmD and MPH/MS in epidemiology or related field with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Pharmaceutical industry and/or CRO experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of statistical software packages (i.e., SAS and/or STATA).
- Experience in conducting observational studies and data analyses using real-world healthcare databases (e.g., non-interventional studies, electronic medical records, administrative healthcare claims, disease registries, national surveys, etc.) is strongly recommended
- Knowledge of international regulatory guidelines, plus
- Knowledge in machine learning frameworks (i.e.,Tensorflow, Keras, and others)
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sherron Howard at + 267 435 8600 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
City of London, London
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Epidemiologist position with a leading biotechnology company.
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Director of Epidemiology position