Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor
Proclinical is currently recruiting for Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor with a pharmaceutical company located in Carlisle, PA. As an EHS Advisor you will be responsible for establishing, implementing, managing and continuously improving the environment, health and safety programs for the Carlisle facility. The EHS Advisor will have broad knowledge of EHS compliance programs and EHS specialty areas including Safety Engineering, Risk Management, Process Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Process Safety, and Behavioral Safety. The EHS advisor will provide guidance in managing budgets to support outside services and operating expenses.
- Review and track investigations of injuries, illnesses environmental releases, non-injury accidents and near misses to ensure that they are effective, and that they identify and resolve root causes.
- Lead investigations into serious adverse events
- Provide timely, high quality EH&S technical support
- Design, conduct and oversee EH&S training
- Carry out regular workplace inspections to monitor compliance with site rules, procedures, etc.
- Develop and manage an internal audit program to assess compliance with legal and company requirements and identify opportunities for improvement
- Coordinate the completion of job safety analyses and risk assessments
- Monitor and analyze EHS performance and initiate action to support or correct trends
- Establish programs to manage the site's different EHS risks and impacts, coordinated within an overall EHS management system
- Review change proposals (including capital projects and new product introductions) to identify potential EHS issues and participate in their resolution
- Maintain local EHS SOPs that effectively describe the site's EHS management system
- Ensure that necessary EHS information is reported to local regulators and to stakeholders
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in EHS, Engineering, or related discipline, Preferred Master's Degree and/or Safety certification (CSP, CIH, CHMM)
- At least 5 years of experience in EHS program development and implementation
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical or consumer healthcare industry
- Good understanding of key Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Principles
- Thorough understanding of key regulatory requirements, excellent computer skills primarily with Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly effective written, oral and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands, think strategically and successfully lead multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to change schedule when required to accommodate off-shifts
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Dominic Santoro at 215-531-5280 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.