Engineering Manager, Backend
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager for a global healthcare provider located in Mountain View, CA. As the Backend Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of developers to build a world-class microservices architecture to help the company product scale.
- Lead a team of developers to build a world-class microservices architecture to help the company product scale.
- Coordinate the team's efforts in core development using the agile methodology.
- Work closely with leadership to plan and manage a sustainable release cycle.
- Manage a team responsible for the core backend services for the company, which include our conversation engine, accounts management and SSO.
- Coordinate with Data and Business teams as needed.
- Recruit, mentor and grow team members.
- Build a culture of engineering best practice.s
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in software development.
- 5+ years of experience leading a team.
- Experience leading a team of Engineers through various stages of product development, with a prior focus on scaling consumer-facing applications.
- Spring Boot/Hibernate nice-to-have.
- Experience with microservice architecture.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Kubernetes a very big plus.
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL technologies, when to use what.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development a big plus.
- Knowledge of SSO practices and OAuth workflows a plus.
- Comfortable moving quickly and learning new technologies to use daily.
- Religious about writing maintainable and performant code.
- Experience scaling backend services to millions of users.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Lewis Rooney at (+1) 415-481-3817 or L.Rooney@proclinical.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.