Electrical Systems Engineer
Proclinical are recruiting for an Electrical Systems Engineer to join a medical technology and devices organisation. This role is on a permanent basis and is located in Boston.
- Accountable for the planning and implementation of pre-clinical animal studies which involves the production of protocols and study reports.
- Responsible for electrical design aspects of the catheter.
- You will comply with both FDA and ISO guidelines linked to medical device design and development which involves electrical safety and electromagnetic compatibility.
- Manage system design, connectivity and interoperability of equipment.
- The ideal candidate will design products for compatibility with hardware in an EP laboratory, which involves connectivity and noise sources.
- Operate with catheter and software teams to design solutions for system level needs.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Educated to a degree level in an electrical/biomedical engineering with instrumentation focus.
- Exhibited work experience within medical devices.
- Demonstrable experience working within medical equipment or linked hardware instrumentation for measuring biological signals.
- Know-how of medical device standards which involves EN60601-1 product design and testing would be ideal.
- Familiarity working within an ISO13485 or similarly regulated setting is desirable.
- Acquaintance with electronic signal conditioning, digital and analogue circuits, electrode design, etc., would be preferable.
- Knowledge of medical cable and connector specifications and testing would be ideal.
- Prior involvement working with third party vendors as well as within an EP organisation is desirable for this role.
- Familiarity with micro-scale multi-layer flexible circuit design and manufacture.
- Project management abilities with the ability to work within both a fast-paced and rigorous early-stage startup setting with fluid needs and regulated later-stage process-driven environment.
- Communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Works well in a team.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Joe Dykes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.