Drug Development Project Manager
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Drug Development Project Manager with a pharmaceutical company located in Foster City, CA.
- Works in partnership with drug development project leaders to develop, gain approval, and execute on the project strategy.
- Co-chairs timely, efficient, and action-oriented Development Project Team meetings and is responsible for coordinating team operations and communications.
- Directs highly complex project communications and ensures that all project customers are fully informed and knowledgeable of project activities and their status.
- Organizes preparation of high-quality documents for review by governance committees in collaboration with the project team and represents the Development Project Team at Governance meetings, when needed.
- Organizes Project Management support for various functional areas on the Project; attends sub-team meetings; organizes ad hoc working groups.
- Organizes the formation of Project Teams and Request for Development (RFD) Teams with leadership of the functional areas, and guides transition of projects between development phases.
- Manages RFD teams for late stage Research Projects and provides Project Management support for all RFD activities including the creation, editing and approval of the RFD document.
- Leads the design, implementation, and update of Project Development Plans which define the scope of project team deliverables, ensuring Development Plans integrate timing, scope and resources.
- Authors selected sections of the Development Plan.
- Provides leadership to the team and functional areas to anticipate and identify complex project issues which pose a challenge to achieving strategic goals; proposes and implements plans to resolve such issues and execute corrective actions.
- Provides updated project documents and information for quarterly LE budget reviews, quarterly investor relations/Board updates and annual Portfolio Review.
- Contributes to the research, development and commercial project strategies.
- May represent Project Management on Franchise Teams and attend senior management committees as requested.
- Enables high-performing teams by ensuring there are good team dynamics within the project team.
- Ensures project work complies with established practices, policies and processes.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 7-10 years of relevant project management/scientific experience within the pharmaceutical industry; OR a MS or MBA and minimal 6-8 years of relevant experience; OR a PhD in a scientific field or a PharmD, DVM or MD degree with 2-4+ years of relevant experience. A scientific background is preferred.
- Experience must include 2-5+ years of leading cross-functional drug development project management activities within the pharmaceutical industry - building, managing and articulating comprehensive, complex, cross-functional drug development plans.
- Oncology experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the drug development process and deep understanding of and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards of pharmaceutical project management.
- Expertise in developing and managing project scope, deliverables, risks and resource requirements.
- Strong leadership presence with the ability to translate strategy into action.
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to summarize and present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels within the company.
- Must be able to understand and communicate scientific and business elements associated with the therapeutic area(s) of assigned projects.
- Ability to lead without authority, influence and motivate teams.
- Ability to take accountability and empower individuals and teams to make effective decisions which are aligned with the company's vision, values and goals.
- Ability to create an inclusive environment and lead empowered teams who operate with high standards of alignment, trust, accountability, expertise, transparency, and collaboration.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel and other reporting and tracking tools.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sarah Beshara at 267-477-3355.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.