Downstream Manufacturing Manager
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Downstream Manufacturing Manager with a pharmaceutical company located in Gaithersburg, MD.
- Participates and/or Lead initiatives involving individuals from cross-functional teams to solve complex issues. Interacts regularly with subordinates, other production sub-groups, Process and analytical development, functional area peers, and area management.
- Serves as product/process or equipment lead/champion in the introduction and implementation of new equipment, innovative technologies, and novel products from concept through bench scale, scale-up areas and cGMP manufacturing.
- Ensuring operational efficiency including adequate training and qualification of personnel.
- Facilitates and/or contributes to standard operating procedures as well as strategy development such as lean manufacturing used to improve process performance.
- Regularly works on non-routine manufacturing assignments where the ability to assess/analyze identifiable factors, situations and/or data is required. Works under minimal supervision to resolve daily operational issues and implement business solutions that may span across multiple functional areas.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in applicable scientific discipline or equivalent on the job experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in the sciences or engineering and 5+ plus years' experience in a Downstream / Purification manufacturing environment, preferably including 2+ years supervisory experience.
- Large scale downstream purification hands on operation and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of downstream unit operations such as Chromatography, Column Packing, Ultrafiltration / Diafiltration, Nanofiltration and Bulk Fill.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GMP manufacturing principles and its application
- Run time data analysis to assess equipment and process performance
- Microsoft Office productivity applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mike Raletz at 267-428-7770.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.