Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Distribution Specialist with a pharmaceutical company located in Oceanside, CA.
- Performs administrative/physical tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, and distributing of company products/inventory.
- Complies with all established SOPs in performance of job. Adheres consistently to cGMPs.
- Complies with all safety-related procedures and practices personally and in area and guides others in practices.
- Tracks all movement and handling of products in a computerized inventory system. Organizes and maintains accurate records associated with Distribution activities.
- Performs transactions associated with Distribution process through internal and external computer systems, including troubleshooting to rectify issues which could impact company timelines.
- Adheres consistently to SOPs and cGMPs.
- Researches and resolves issues associated with immediate tasks when applicable. Takes independent action to ensure on-time delivery of material, and initiates action for return of rejected or unsuitable orders.
- Coordinates with internal departments for quick, accurate distribution of products. Notifies relevant departments as items are received, shipped or processed.
- Physically examines incoming or outgoing shipments, products or samples to ensure they meet specifications and match paperwork. Identifies and records deviations, and coordinates with internal or external departments to rectify discrepancies.
- May perform, or operate machinery to perform, physical handling of items, including assembling packaging, affixing shipping labels and instructions to packaging, moving shipments.
- May perform sampling of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), Raw Material's (RM's), and packaging components. Takes action to address simple deviations, exercises judgment in escalating deviations to supervisor as appropriate.
Skills and Requirements:
- Works on assignments that range from routine to basic in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Able to apply knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) on a daily basis.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Good written communication and interpersonal skills.
- HAZMAT shipping certification/experience a plus.
- Experience using a WMS such as Oracle or SAP a plus.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Catherine Nguyen at 215-531-5643.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.