Director Translational Sciences
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Director of Translational Sciences with a leading pharmaceutical company located in Seattle, WA. As the Translational Sciences Director, you will contribute to the preclinical and clinical development of innovative immune-modulating therapeutics.
- Independently formulate translational strategies for the discovery, development, and implementation of biomarkers in clinical trials that demonstrate pharmacologic and pharmacodynamic effects, characterize dose-response relationships, and evaluate patient or disease factors that correlate with therapeutic response.
- Lead and collaborate on cross-functional teams (e.g., with clinical development, clinical operations, bioanalytical scientists, external partners) to ensure successful operational execution of biomarker plans.
- Establish, as appropriate, internal biomarker capabilities and outsourcing of biomarker assays, leading these efforts across development programs.
- Author relevant sections of regulatory documents (e.g., INDs, briefing documents).
- Communicate data and strategies effectively to internal project teams, senior management, and external partners/organizations.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology or a related field and 10+ years of biotech/pharmaceutical drug discovery and development experience, with an extensive portion supporting oncology and/or immuno-oncology programs; title will be commensurate with experience.
- Deep understanding of and experience in translating disease biology and the pharmacology of immuno-oncology agents into clinical biomarker strategies that efficiently address key questions during clinical development and impact clinical decision-making.
- Extensive experience applying established and state of the art molecular, cellular, and imaging technologies (e.g., immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, gene expression and proteomic assays) in clinical trials to demonstrate drug pharmacology and inform patient selection strategies.
- Excellent critical thinking and scientific acumen, with a demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and clearly communicate (orally and in writing) complex biomarker data and the impact to program and regulatory strategy.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.