Director / Senior Director, mRNA Preclincial Research
We are seeking a (Senior) Director of mRNA Preclinical Research to join a Biotech who is working to develop first-in-class messenger RNA (mRNA) based therapeutics and vaccines.
- Successfully leads mRNA drug discovery programs from the early drug discovery phase into preclinical development and IND filings.
- Provides scientific perspective and leadership for RNA projects of the company's portfolio through collaboration with groups of Chemistry, analytic, preclinical and clinical and regulatory members of the Research and Development team.
- Effectively applies best practices to improve operational efficiency.
- Lead a group of scientists to build mRNA pipelines.
- Works with leadership team to meet corporate goals.
Skills and Requirements
- PhD with 10+ years of relevant post-doctoral and/or industry experience in biology, pharmacology, chemistry, or related field, including 5+ years of relevant experience in managing teams in a biotech or pharma environment.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experiences in preclinical tox studies, CMC studies and IND filings of mRNA therapeutics are required.
- Strong publication records and presentations are required.
- Strong communication skills and team work ethics are required.
- Excellency capability to translate strategy into action, to successfully manage projects and timelines, organize/track complex information, and prioritize accordingly.
- Extensive experiences in managing collaborations and CROs as needed.
- May require approximately 20% of travel.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 857-362-9542 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.