Director, Program Management
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Director of Program Management with a leading biopharmaceutical company located in New York, NY. As the DPM, you will be responsible for leading key elements of program strategy and cross-functional execution of development and commercialization activities for neuroscience products at the Company.
- Define a clear strategic vision for the program and serve as a champion for key program-related information.
- Facilitate the elaboration, approval and execution of the program strategy.
- Drive the development, prioritization and communication of annual and long-range operating plans ensuring alignment to program strategy.
- Accountable for meeting targets and managing deliverables
- Responsible for development of Integrated Product Plans (IPP) ensuring alignment across strategic and tactical plans
- Establish common decision processes & criteria for key decisions, e.g. go/no go criteria and stage-gate decisions.
- Promote timely visibility and transparency of information within the Program team, across sub-teams and other forums to accelerate decision making, obtain alignment, and increase foundational knowledge.
- Reinforce team operating principles to maximize alignment within the team and with other functions.
- Provide effective solution for solving team conflicts to maximize team effectiveness
- In collaboration with functional leaders, review and allocate resources to support operational plans.
- Develop, maintain and track cross-functionally aligned program timelines
- Effectively manage budget planning for the program through its collection, alignment and validation and ensuring alignment to program strategy
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field required; Advanced degree in life sciences or MBA with relevant pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in pharmaceutical drug development or commercialization with demonstrated success leading multi-site, global or enterprise-wide programs in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- 8+ years of direct cross-functional program management experience in the development or commercialization of branded products with 3 years in team leadership role.
- Knowledgeable in at least one functional area (proven experience); ability to assess validity of overall program/project strategy and deliverables.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of global drug product development and commercialization in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong understanding of the business environment and relevant key strategic and operational drivers.
- Strong understanding and competency in planning processes and decision making.
- Demonstrated experience using standard program management tools and software including integrated development plans, timelines, risk management, and budget development and monitoring.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Natasha Patel at (+1) 617-778-7319 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.