Director, Portfolio Development - Translational Science
Proclinical is in search for a Director of Portfolio Development for our client, a leading CRO located in Pittsburgh, PA. As the Portfolio Development Director, you will work closely with the Head of Portfolio Development & Translational Science leadership to identify, evaluate, develop a business-case for project proposals and enable informed decision making for investment.
- E2E accountability for internal pipeline asset management (idea to commercial) which includes,
- Actively manages multiple programs at various stages as well as leads new proposal/concept evaluation in parallel.
- Collaborates closely with PIs to ensure idea fits with desired program attributes for consideration and enables idea development with an understanding of potential commercial pathways.
- Drafts and leads finalization of translational development plan for the program ensuring key questions are identified and addressed via the plan to inform future investment decision making.
- Leads discussions on program proposals, plans and business case at internal team forums for their input and develops team recommendation to be presented at governing bodies.
- Build partnerships with University of Pittsburgh Office of Innovation & PIs & relevant stakeholders to drive forward internal pipeline portfolio.
- Oversee execution of agreed plans and serve as primary contact with vendors, business partners and internal stakeholders ensuring completion of agreed plan in a timely fashion.
- Participate in external diligence on an ad-hoc basis.
- Support organizational initiatives to accomplish Portfolio Development organizational goals and long term vision.
- Support hiring, serve as a mentor to junior staff. Develop and coach direct reports to be future.
Skills and Requirements:
- MS at a minimum, PhD in life sciences or MD preferred
- 8 years of relevant professional experience in the life sciences or healthcare industry for MS or 5 plus years for PhD.
- MBA or PMP certification is a plus
- The successful candidate should have the demonstrated ability to independently tackle complex scientific and business problems
- Demonstrated history of management, project planning and reporting, problem solving, organizational, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (both in writing and orally) complicated scientific or medical information to a broad audience including scientific experts, business professionals and C-Level executives.
- We are looking for candidates with a successful track record of working in and managing small cross-functional teams, having demonstrated the capacity to effectively manage upward and downward to achieve critical project goals.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly motivated and willing to go the extra mile to support the vision of enabling Life Changing Medicine.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Flexibility on-site for first few months and for travel as needed
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Phil Sawyer at (+1) 347-901-4526 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.