Director of Oncology Target Discovery
A leading biopharmaceutical company, researching and developing novel drugs based on the natural molecule Messenger RNA (mRNA), is recruiting for a Director of Oncology Target Discovery. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic global business and strengthen their global R&D team in Germany.
- Leading the Oncology Target Discovery group; mentoring, guiding and leading research scientists in the group.
- Leading and managing several research projects and directing the discovery research of novel approaches that leverage mRNA's full potential in the area of Oncology to build and advance our therapeutic oncology pipeline, including by external research collaborations.
- Responsible for lead authorship of pertinent sections of internal and external regulatory documents (IBs, IMPDs, INDs, preclinical development plans, etc.)
- An active member in and interacting with multidisciplinary project teams to meet project goals and timelines; supplying translational development initiatives with pharmacological expertise and advice development teams.
- Communicating critical and significant project information to relevant Stakeholders.
- Actively participating in due diligences and provide Oncology/Discovery Research expertise.
- Closely interacting with the Therapeutic Area Head Oncology, Oncology Research department, Technology as well as with Development departments (Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Development).
- Serving as a key advisor to Oncology Research and Development project teams and leadership to identify programs for combination studies with immunotherapy compounds.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD and postdoctoral experience in immunology/oncology along with relevant Oncology Discovery and Development experience in the biopharmaceutical industry (minimum of 8 years).
- Strong knowledge/expertise in the fields of tumor biology and immunology as well as immunotherapy.
- In-depth understanding of state-of-the-art methods relevant to exploration of tumor interactions with the immune system, and evaluations of candidate immunotherapeutics.
- Experience in the design and implementation of relevant in vitro and in vivo studies to explore immunotherapeutic approaches to target tumors.
- Strong knowledge of translational biomarkers relevant to T-cell activity in the tumor microenvironment; experience in managing early stage therapeutic research programs and demonstrated success of moving projects forward to clinical evaluation.
- Exemplary record of research as evidenced by publications and patents.
- Demonstrated successful management of multiple scientific projects and makes sound scientific interpretations and evaluations.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to develop solid, long-term relationships and to work effectively in a cross-functional team setting/matrix-type organisation.
- Proven leadership capabilities and ability to motivate and empower team members.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and self-motivation.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Lucia Donnarumma at +496994189029 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing have partnered with a Start-up Biotech based in Central London who are looking for a Director/ Senior Director, Clinical Operations to join their team.
Up to £75000.00 per annum
A leading biotechnology company is seeking to recruit an Senior Clinical Manager, Clinical Operations to their office in London.