Director of Government and External Affairs
Proclinical are recruiting for a Director of Government and External Affairs to join a consultancy. This role is on a permanent basis and is located in Washington DC.
- You will research and work with members in arranging and developing issue papers, talking points, letters, and similar information.
- Engage with USDA, extension services, land grant, and any other research agencies to pursue grants and any other prospects to assist with the adoption of biological products.
- Conduct general admin and clerical tasks, which involves the drafting of numerous types of documents, arrange meeting planning actions and offering member services.
- Recognise, supervise and track congressional and state legislative activity that would affect the biological products industry.
- Engage with association membership to partake in the development and execution of policy positions and advocacy methods.
- Train members of congress, their personnel, CFIA, EPA, PMRA, USDA, and any others about the association's positions with respect to pertinent policy, legislation, and regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Educated to a degree level in a political science, communications or pertinent discipline.
- Communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Know-how of social media applications, for example: Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Familiarity with practical management of legislative actions.
- Expertise on biological products industries would be ideal.
- Know-how of FIFRA, PRIA, and the Plant Biostimulant Act is desirable.
- Expertise on key congressional players in agriculture policy issues.
- Computer literacy.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Kate Dorsey at email@example.com
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.