Director of Biophysics
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Director of Biophysics in the In-Vitro Biology group with a leading global pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and medical device company located in Cranbury, NJ.
- Highly creative and self-motivated leader to guide a team of scientists to execute on sponsor project plans.
- Actively contributes to ongoing and future collaborations with multiple partners in the design, development and execution of novel in vitro biology assays to support drug discovery projects as well lead finding.
- Responsible for the preparation of project proposals
- Works with management and sales team to deliver on revenue goals
- Works creatively with partners to support complex scientific projects.
- Excellent planning of multiple ongoing projects to meet expected timelines
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required. May require bench work when necessary.
- Works on assignments with a diverse team of scientists to facilitate all aspects of performing assay development and LeadOp assay support for Biophysics.
- Makes decisions based on an understanding of client program goals.
- Communicates frequently with client and provide frequent update reports.
- Complies with all safety rules, practices good housekeeping, and maintains safe workplace.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD degree with 5+ years or MS with 10+ years of relevant experience in biophysics and/or biochemistry
- Industry experience from CRO, biotech, and pharmaceutical highly desirable
- Has expert skills in any of the following areas: Biophysics, especially SPR and LCMS, but other areas of interest include Microscale-thermophoreses (MST), TSA/DSF, ASMS, BLI, ITC, DSC, fluorescence-based assay technologies, etc.
- Experience with biochemical assays including enzymology and elucidation of inhibitor mechanism of action.
- Experience with high-throughput screening (HTS) and small-molecule drug discovery is preferred.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jarred Fetterman at 215-531-5593.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.