Director - mRNA Therapeutics
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Director of Gene Therapy with a global pharmaceutical company located in Boston, MA. As the gene therapy Director, you will be responsible for developments of projects from target discovery through preclinical proof-of-concept, IND filing, and support of early clinical development.
- Lead the company's efforts related to mRNA Therapies working within matrixed drug discovery research teams.
- Successfully lead drug discovery programs from the early drug discovery phase into preclinical development and IND filings.
- Provide scientific perspective and leadership for mRNA projects of the company's portfolio through collaboration with groups of Chemistry, analytic, preclinical, and clinical and regulatory members of the Research and Development team.
- Effectively apply best practices to improve operational efficiency.
- Serve as a research mentor to members of the laboratory and manage staff as needed.
- Work with leadership team to meet corporate goals.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD with 10+ years of relevant post-doctoral and/or industry experience in biology, pharmacology, chemistry, or related field, including 5+ years of relevant experience in managing teams in a biotech or pharma environment.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experiences in preclinical tox studies, CMC studies and IND filings mRNA therapeutics are required.
- Strong publication records and presentations related to mRNA therapeutics in international meetings are required.
- Strong communication skills and team work ethics are required.
- Excellency capability to translate strategy into action, to successfully manage projects and timelines, organize/track complex information, and prioritize accordingly.
- Extensive experiences in managing collaborations and CROs as needed.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 929-388-1651 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.