Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Director of Epidemiology with a global pharmaceutical company located in Boston, MA or Blue Bell, PA. As the Epidemiology Director, you will ensure the appropriate epidemiological perspective is provided in support of strategic needs and integrated into the company's corporate plans.
- Accountable for developing a plan for Epidemiology deliverables within the assigned therapeutic area to support company objectives.
- Accountable for executing deliverables in accordance with the plan, either personally or through oversight of other Epidemiologists, or vendors/contractors.
- Accountable for providing epidemiology support to Clinical Development, Pharmacovigilance, Medical Affairs, Business Development, and Commercial activities across the product life cycle within the assigned therapeutic area. Active participation in cross-functional therapeutic area teams. Lead sub-team meetings as appropriate.
- Accountable for ensuring epidemiology perspective into company materials e.g. study protocols, case report forms (CRFs), and regulatory documents within the assigned therapeutic area.
- Interact with authors, referees, and in-house reviewers on scientific manuscripts, clinical conference abstracts, presentations, and posters based on observational study data within the assigned therapeutic area.
- Represent the Epidemiology department during interactions with key external stakeholders including Scientific Advisory Boards and regulatory authorities.
- Critical appraisal and synthesis of the relevant epidemiological literature.
- Maintain awareness of epidemiology with respect to regulatory requirements, payer trends, and advancement of pharmacoepidemiology methods.
- Represent the Epidemiology Department and participate in corporate cross-functional business/process improvement initiatives.
- Actively participates in the development and maintenance of Epidemiology department Standard Operating Procedures / Process Guides.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD / DSc / DrPH in Epidemiology with 6 years post-graduation experience, or MPH/MSc in Epidemiology with 10 years post-graduation experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of drug and clinical development process.
- Excellent attention to detail and quality, and scientific rigor.
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
- High degrees of self-motivation and organization.
- Comfort in a fast-moving environment with frequent changes in scope or direction of projects.
- 2 years of line management or supervisory experience or equivalent.
- Thorough and up-to-date technical knowledge of epidemiology and relevant biostatistics methods.
- Experience and familiarity using SAS or other statistical software packages.
- Evidence of productivity in epidemiological research as demonstrated by successful design, execution, and publication of epidemiological research, including through extensive collaboration with external investigators.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Funmi Gbadamosi at (+1) 424-361-3900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.