Director, Cancer Biology
We are seeking a Principal Scientist / Director of Cancer Biology to join a disruptive Biotech in Cambridge, MA at the intersection of computation and biotechnology that is committed to creating medicines that will have a transformative impact on patients.
This individual will provide deep intellectual and strategical leadership as well as outstanding mentorship to discover novel small molecule therapeutics in oncology. You will have previous success managing and fostering creativity and professional development from your group.
- You will serve as the Biology lead on project teams passionate about developing small molecule modulators of clinically validated targets in cancer
- You will design and lead biology experiments to assess targets, evaluate candidate small molecules, and support drug discovery
- You will bring IND writing experience and driving programs towards the clinic
- Your in vitro experience includes cell line profiling, pathway signaling, understanding of genomic drivers, assay development, compound profiling and progression
- Your in vivo experience consists of model selection and development, tolerability, PK/PD, efficacy studies, understanding of DMPK and setting appropriate dose levels and interpretation of pharmacology data
- We value the strength of team development, communication and leadership that inspires motivation to drive quality research with urgency that will better patients' lives
- Previous experience managing reports (associates and PhD level scientists), and experience with managing external CROs will allow our teams to keep driving fast and forward
- You recognize CROs as an extension of your internal team
- You will interpret, summarize and present research findings at internal and external scientific meetings/conferences
- You're actively reviewing literature to bring in the newest scientific findings, ideas, and methods/technologies to impact drug discovery projects
- Excellent communication, attitude, and interpersonal skills are essential for the success of your team and cross functional collaborations
Skills and Requirements:
- Ph.D. required and have post-doctoral training in cancer biology with demonstrated experience in oncology small molecule drug discovery
- You have at least 4+ years of experience in biotech/pharma
- You're driven with a consistent track record of scientific excellence as reflected by high impact, peer reviewed publications and/or patents
- A confident and thoughtful leader with a successful track record and passion to mentor and develop your direct reports and teammates
- You are comfortable with - and can thrive in - an environment that is constantly changing, frequently uncertain, and where you're in charge of driving project strategies and progression
- You have the patience to learn from your team and peers before turning to yourself for all the answers
- You've got excellent communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills; your energy is infectious and motivates the team
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.