Director - Applications
Director - Applications - Permanent - Onsite
Proclinical Staffing is seeking a Director - Applications to join a cutting-edge laboratory. This is a permanent role located in New Castle, DE.
This role will lead a team working on multiple R&D projects in collaboration with internal and external researchers and applied engineering teams. They will be crucial to all aspects of the research & development new product development lifecycle such as formulating problems, gathering data, generating hypotheses, developing models, conducting experiments, synthesizing results, testing Proof of Concepts, and communicating the novel applications for the market segments.
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum of a Ph. D in Materials Science, Chemistry or Mechanical/Chemical Engineering and 10+ years of relevant proven experience (at least 3+ years of which are in a management role), with a strong curiosity about analytical characterization techniques is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the global materials testing markets with 10+ years of market specific experience within the scope of related adjacent technologies and solutions.
- Strong leadership skills encouraging an environment of collaboration, teamwork, execution, and accountability required, with demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross functional teams across a matrixed organization
- Deep knowledge of the global materials testing markets with 10+ years of market specific experience within the scope of project or related adjacent technologies and solutions.
- Applied knowledge of developing customer needs, market requirements and product requirements
- Consistent track record of leading project teams of professionals to innovative project completion successfully in terms of timelines, budgets, quality, performance, and product reliability.
- Strategy development, business and operational planning and execution, organizational efficiency, financial management, change leadership, business development, staff management and development.
- Ability to travel by both air and ground carrier. Both domestically and internationally (~30-40%).
The Director - Applications will:
- Staff and lead a team of Scientific Research and Development applications personnel responsible for providing customer workflow solutions and advance applications support for new product development.
- Build successful teams of applications expertise across technology portfolio to ensure the customer unmet needs are addressed in the new product development life cycle.
- Ensure the alignment of applications to the overall product and product line roadmaps and strategic plans.
- Research and stay up-to-date on emerging markets to identify new novel applications for research and development projects.
- As a core team member in research and new product development teams, leads application testing of new products, providing content for launches including applications articles and briefs, reviewing, and generating marketing related collateral, develop applications briefs.
- Own the development of Application Notes and take lead on the advancing Key-Opinion-Leader Method development for NPD.
- Host and provide Expert Talk/Lecture to conference or Customer site.
- Drive seamless product and application training to the Regional and Global Support Applications teams as well as other functions in the organization.
- Provide scientific leadership to the product management, R&D groups and supports the commercial organization to address sophisticated scientific application problems.
- Facilitate open dialogue to share knowledge with team members and encourage the exchange of information across all products and locations.
- Participates as an active member of project and company in collaboration including providing time, resources, solutions, suggestions, and advice in all areas of the business to achieve the best overall success possible for the entire organization.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Yasmin Elsayed at (+1) 929-244-2401 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.