CPM II - REMOTE
Proclinical is seeking a remote CPM II for a leading CRO.
The Clinical Project Manager (CPM) is the lead project manager for trials conducted within the CRO services division and is the main interface between the CRO and the client. This individual will work cross-functionally as needed with Clinical Data Management (CDM), Regulatory Services, Clinical Operations (CO), Budgets and Contracts, and CRA Services to ensure that studies are conducted per protocol and client expectations, on time, within budget, and according to FDA regulations and ICH GCP. Performs duties in accordance with company's values, policies, and procedures.
Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Performs protocol review and schedules kick-off meetings.
- Liaises and assists with Data Management, Regulatory Services, CRA Services, Pharmaceutical Services, medical writing, medical monitors, and other departments as applicable during study set-up, project management and oversight, and project close-out.
- Creates and/or approves study documentation, including informed consent templates, project plans, case report forms, and monitoring plans and reports, and oversees Clinical Study Report (CSR) development.
- Coordinates requirements for third-party vendors, including safety and specialty laboratories, biostatistics, and/or data analytics, and liaises with budgets and contracts for proposal development. Oversees vendor performance.
- Creates slides for Site Initiation Visit (SIV) and delivers or oversees the training.
- Liaises with the site(s) recruitment department(s), to ensure adequate subjects are available for screening and enrollment.
- Creates or oversees creation of additional study training materials and ensures all training is documented.
- Owns oversight of the project and requests a change order to budgets and contracts when the project scope changes.
- Plans and leads teleconferences with client and/or third-party vendors relative to project performance, status updates, and issue resolution.
- Oversees scheduling of monitoring visits and reviews Monitoring Visit Reports (MVRs).
- Coordinates dose escalation meetings and participates in data reviews.
- Builds the electronic Trial Master File (eTMF) for the project; oversees and manages the collection and filing of essential trial documents. Periodically reviews the eTMF to ensure completeness and correctness of the contents.
- Coordinates with Principal Investigator (PI)/site staff, as applicable, during study start-up and oversight activities and to ensure appropriate subject oversight, protocol adherence, and query resolution.
- Participates in client study audits, as well as internal audits conducted by quality assurance for assigned projects.
- Collects and reports study metrics (enrollment, query rates, issues, etc.)
- Responsible for set up, conduct, and close-out of multi-center trials, as well as specialized study projects.
- Supports creation of high-level study timelines for proposals.
- Performs protocol review, site identification, feasibility, and selection, drug supply management, and site qualification, as required.
- Coordinates with CRAs to ensure Pre-Study Visits (PSVs) are conducted and reviews reports to confirm each identified site is qualified for the study.
- Ensures the success of clinical trials by overseeing study conduct at all sites involved in each study. Periodically schedules teleconferences with all CRAs participating in the trial to ensure monitoring alignment and relay project changes as applicable.
- Participates in data review to identify trends.
- Represents the CRO and sponsor at investigator meetings.
- May mentor and/or oversee the work of other CPM staff. May include supervisory activities.
- Reviews study metrics and ensures performance indicators are being properly reported.
Skills and Requirements:
- Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of both internal and external clients. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; is excellent at analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers. Solid analytical skills.
- Organizing: Can marshal resources to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Bachelor's degree in biological science or other related field and/or a combination of education and experience.
- Preferably four or more years of project management experience, preferably in a CRO.
- Experience monitoring or overseeing clinical trial sites and managing service providers are required.
- Thorough knowledge of GCPs.
- Strong project management skills. Experience in clinical research, including a strong working knowledge of the ICH guidelines and FDA, IRB/IEC regulations.
- Solid financial acumen to manage project budgets.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Ciara Noble at +(1) 323-518-2700 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.