Contract Senior Statistical Programmer
An excellent multinational healthcare company is seeking a skilled Contract Senior Statistical Programmer at their office in Basel. This is a chance to join a top healthcare organisation who provide an innovative range of diagnostic solutions and medicines.
- Responsible for statistical programming support for the Pharma Development organisation.
- Providing end to end statistical programming support in planning, specifying, designing, developing and implementing statistical software solutions for the reporting and analysis of clinical trials in accordance with applicable processes.
- Leading statistical programming activities at study level or part of the clinical project and prepares summarised information for clinical study team members.
- Assessing and clarifying requirements; developing programming specifications and statistical programming solutions to meet the project requirements.
- Accepting responsibility for accuracy and reliability of results.
- Building and monitoring quality in every aspect of job activities in a risk based quality control environment.
- Providing proactive and independent technical solutions to a wide range of problems.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships within cross-functional teams.
- Considering strategies that will enable a smooth transition of a study or other task and negotiates alternative timelines and scope based on resourcing/priority constraints.
- Adapting to changing circumstances, policies, work assignments and team members, and exploring new ways of working based on changing business needs.
Skills and Requirements:
- BA, BS or advanced degree in mathematics, statistics, biological sciences, computer science or equivalent experience.
- At least 6 years SAS programming experience in clinical research preferably with emphasis in the development and support of the analysis of clinical trial data.
- In depth expertise of SAS programming (BASE SAS & statistical procedures, SAS macros, advanced data step).
- Optional: Experience of R programming and of proactive data visualisation to support experts in other fields in their decision making.
- In depth experience in reporting clinical studies and pooling clinical data.
- Knowledge of statistical concepts (p-values, rates and proportion, frequencies, confidence intervals, survival analysis, non-parametric analysis).
- Capable of implementing these ideas in clear, efficient SAS or R programs.
- Expertise in relevant operating systems (Windows/UNIX) and in depth knowledge of Pharma industry data standards, such as CDISC/SDTM & ADaM and FDA/ICH guidelines.
- Proficient in problem solving. Able to efficiently debug and resolve issues in programming code produced by others.
- Understands major biostatistical deliverables (Analysis Plan, CSR) and the overall design of a clinical study and its statistical & clinical rationale.
- Capable of clear and timely written/verbal communication and effective listening/understanding within a clinical study team and Statistical Programming department.
- Ability to deliver presentations to a large group.
- Ability to meet timelines when working on multiple tasks simultaneously and experience on how to effectively prioritise tasks and project manage to optimise support.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Emma Adams at +44 203 854 3893 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Up to €70000.00 per annum
Rome (province), Italy
One of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies in the world is currently recruiting for a Biostatistics Lead.
Up to Swiss Franc90.00 per hour
A leading biopharmaceutical company is currently hiring a Contract Statistician to join their team in Switzerland.
Up to US$140000.00 per annum
A leading and multinational contract research organisation (CRO) is advertise a vacancy for a Senior/Principal Statistician.
A well-known global pharmaceutical company is looking to hire a Pre-clinical Senior Statistician to join their Data Sciences & Quantitative Biology department based in Cambridge, UK.
Up to £80000.00 per annum
A leading and global consulting company providing services and technology solutions, is currently recruiting a Lead Statistician to join their team based in London.
One of the top 10 pharmaceutical organisations is currently recruiting for a Lead HTA Statistics & Analytics to join their team.