Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Contract Administrator with a pharmaceutical company located in Santa Monica, CA.
- Drive contract negotiations associated with Research to minimize the time from concept to contract
- Negotiate contract language with study site under direction of Legal Department
- Negotiate financials and budgets with vendors and collaborative study sites
- Ensure projects do not violate any company policies
- Act as business liaison between vendors, clinical sites, academic and government institutions, and Legal Team
- Work with Translational Medicine and Study Leaders to ensure the contract language and remuneration meets study objectives
- Perform cross functional communications to drive the contracting process
- Escalate any stalls or roadblocks in the contracting process
- Track and measure contracting process milestones
- Work with Finance to maintain budgets and establish reasonable payment terms with vendors
- Obtain complementary documents and associated approvals as required for each project, such as lab manuals, licensure, material transfer agreements, confidentiality agreements, informed consent forms, IRB materials, PI CVs, etc.
- Ensure vendor contract meets company Legal guidelines before submitting to Legal Department
- Request for proposals, budgets review, vendor selection, and review and development of the scope of services specification documents
- Maintains contract documentation
- As needed, ensure specific analysis is permitted per the protocol and informed consent form (ICF) (eg, consent to optional biomarker analysis; tracking of individual subject consent status)
- Reconcile deliverables as needed
- Assist in addressing site and/or IRB/EC/IBC questions regarding vendor and/or study management
- Understand program specific deliverables (eg, analysis, data cut-off timelines) and collaborate with the study teams on development of contracts that meet these needs
- Attend study team meetings as needed
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience with contract negotiations for goods and services in a healthcare field or within pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Knowledge and experience working in a GxP environment is a plus
- 2-3 years of industry contract life cycle management experience or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of clinical trial conduct
- Ability to communication cross functionally
- Organized with ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Computer skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Laboratory Information Management Systems; ability to navigate and learn systems (eg, central laboratory system)
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Catherine Nguyen at 215-531-5643.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.