A new and exciting role has arisen for a Computational Scientist in Switzerland. You will be responsible to support the process development at lab scale and the scale-up to the pilot and commercial scale. You implement models or apply existing modelling tools to formulation unit operations for small molecules.
- Application of in-house and commercial tools to the Drug Product process development
- Assistance for lab-phase experiments planning and transfer of process to commercial equipment
- Development and deployment of numerical tools based on the latest trends in literature
- Delivery of high quality data within defined timelines and aligned to current industry expectations
- Transfer of knowledge and presentation of results to the formulation experts
- Generation of digital twins for Drug Product manufacturing unit operations
Skills and Requirements
- At least a master degree in process, mechanical, chemical engineering, physics, material science or similar discipline
- Good understanding of mass, momentum and heat transfer phenomena
- Experience in pharma drug product process modelling
- Programming experience in Python
- Good overview of current trends in the field of modelling and simulation in pharma industry
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.