Clinical Supply Chain Manager
An established biotechnology company is advertising a vacancy for a Clinical Supply Chain Manager position based in Stevenage. The company develops next-generation, patient-specific therapeutics that allow scientists to combat cancer without harming healthy tissues. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic and revolutionary organisation.
- Ensure an effective clinical trial supply chain solution is implemented to the relevant standards.
- Manage EU supply components of clinical trials within various oncology indications.
- Act as the primary point of contact alongside CPM/CRA for site regarding couriers' scheduling (UK and non-UK).
- Support communications between sites and logistics companies as required, ensuring review of KPIs.
- Assist in the selection and set up process for supply chain vendors from initial RFP to contract.
- May attend vendor meetings such as project kick-off and investigator meetings, quarterly face-to-face meetings, and others as necessary to assure alignment and achievement of study goals.
- Oversee the courier and logistics supply vendor relationships and, in conjunction with CPMs and supply chain coordinators, track courier bookings and costs and follow-up on invoice discrepancies.
- Plan and manage the delivery of the Supply Chain and logistics between internal stakeholders and external stakeholders.
- Schedule and plan with procurement and clinical sites, logistics providers as required, following existing procedures to support project teams across the platform.
- Communicate updates to Clinical Operation teams and Manufacturing on progression of patient material through the supply chain.
- Patient Supply Coordination, Procurement, and Infusion site Onboarding, Inventory management, Shipments/logistics, Capacity planning, Chain of Custody (Track and Trace), Labelling, and Operational Finance.
- Support the management of patient scheduling for starting material, cells, and central lab.
- Liaise with the manufacturing team and quality for kits preparation and shipment across programmes.
- Provide service feedback for vendors to CPMs supporting service improvements.
- Ensure that the supply chain platform vendors and logistics providers are performing to compliance and effectiveness.
- Ensure that any business improvements are to be flagged and addressed as appropriate.
- Work cross functionally with manufacturing and quality for the management and optimisation of the supply chain.
- Work with the clinical site teams as part of supply operations for aspects related to the clinical facing supply chain.
- Conduct thorough and regular risk management assessments to ensure all risks are systematically reviewed and appropriate mitigation executed.
- Attend regular clinical and project team meetings.
- Update CV and Training records as required.
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (BSc, BA or RN equivalent) in biological or science-related field.
- Expert knowledge of the Clinical trial process.
- Two to five years of previous experience of working in Clinical Research or the Pharmaceutical Industry in relevant capacity, including supply chain planning, operations, or scheduling, including experience in cell or gene therapy.
- Good knowledge of International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) Good Clinical Practice guidelines (ICH-GCP).
- Comfortable in working with IT systems for a robust supply chain.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Katty Maia at +44 2038543317 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
An excellent multinational healthcare company is seeking a skilled Outsourcing Associate. You will be based in the desirable area of Basel, Switzerland.