Clinical Study Manager
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Clinical Study Manager with a biotechnology company located in San Diego, CA. Successful candidate will be accountable for all operational activities related to planning, executing/conducting and reporting out of assigned clinical study in support of the product development portfolio.
- Effectively manage multiple studies and/or programs simultaneously to ensure time, quality, and cost metrics are adequately defined and met.
- Site start-up and initiation (e.g., CTAs, Study budgets, Enrollment/Retention Plans, Monitoring Plans).
- Data collection, management, and analysis
- Effectively collaborate with the operational project team members and stakeholders from CMC, Finance, Legal and Regulatory Affairs as necessary regarding performance (KPIs) related to clinical study vendor(s) ensuring compliance with study specifications (i.e., timelines, deliverables, budgets) and applicable SOPs.
- Execute study management with thorough understanding of the drug development process, including strong knowledge of international standards (GCP/ICH), health authorities (FDA/EMEA) and applies this knowledge to all aspects of the study (startup through conduct to closeout).
- Participate in study center selection, pre-study qualification, initiation, and closeout.
- Coordinate and conduct study monitoring with CRAs to ensure study compliance, data quality, proper documentation and study completion.
- Participate in developing study-related documents such as protocols, SOPs, work instruction documents, informed consent forms, and case report forms (CRFs), etc.
- Participate in the preparation and writing of Investigator's Brochures and clinical sections of regulatory documents such INDs, DSURs, NDAs, etc. (and/or international equivalents).
- Participate and support publications based on the clinical program.
- Communicate with cross-functional colleagues (Regulatory, QA, CMC, Finance, etc.) to ensure all stakeholders are informed of and aligned with clinical activities.
- Recommend and implement innovative process ideas that impact clinical trials management and cost efficiency.
Skills and Requirements:
- BA/B S in related scientific or healthcare field and six years of clinical operations experience gained working in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry environment, with a strong preference for immunology, allergy, dermatology and/or biologics experience.
- CCRA preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage CROs, central laboratories, and other clinical study vendors.
- Ability to contribute to the development of clinical protocols, project-related documents, clinical study reports and summary documents for regulatory submissions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of highly complex tasks within a given timeline.
- Demonstrated, effective planning and project management skills, including risk assessment, contingency planning and ability to prioritize.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to successfully articulate plans, results and analysis to project teams and senior management to build commitment and alignment; listens and seeks clarification; responds effectively to inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to build strong relationships with external parties, such as key opinion leaders and clinical investigators.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the capacity to organize assignments and work within deadlines.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Natasha Patel at (+1) 617-778-7319 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.