Clinical Software Programmer
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Clinical Software Programmer with a biopharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL. The position will have a specific focus on supporting the department software and data processing needs. The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills, experience with a web-framework, knowledge of a scripting language, and familiarity with Linux. This person will leverage these skills working as a member of the cross-functional team to discover enable improved workflows in a sustainable manner. The candidate is expected to document existing and new processes, support existing tools, and build new capabilities to support research activities.
- Create and maintain software documentation for existing and new development work
- Troubleshoot and resolve software related issues
- Build data processing pipelines to automate common data workflow needs
- Write SQL queries across disparate databases to build reports and dashboards
- Create utilities to enable new data processing methods
- Collaborate with scientist colleagues to understand their needs and formulate software solutions to streamline workflows
Skills and Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science, Information technology, or related
- Experience with scripting language (eg Python, R, Ruby)
- Experience with web framework
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Can do attitude/ Team-oriented/open to tackle new challenges
- High attention to detail, creativity in problem-solving, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to successfully work independently
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures and manages innovation to reality
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nadine Rucci at 215-531-5281 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.