Clinical Development Director
Here is a great opportunity to join an expanding global biopharmaceutical company as a Clinical Development Director. The London based organisation is known for its tremendous contributions to medicines and vaccines. Our client is looking for a bright and dynamic individual to join the team and help make a difference.
- Responsible for protocol development and medical/scientific oversight of clinical research studies involving new or marketed drugs being developed.
- Provide EU perspective and input on protocol design and support recruitment and study management activities in the EMEA region including global study program leadership.
- Responsible for all phases of the trial process, including but not limited to the design, oversight and medical monitoring of Phase I to IV clinical trials, as well as analysis, interpretation and reporting of final clinical trial results.
- Responsibilities also include presentation of research findings at international scientific meetings and providing European clinical insights from a network of scientific leaders and oncology societies into our development programs.
- He/she will be a member of relevant Clinical Sub Teams, Clinical Science Study Management (CSSM) teams and an ad hoc attendee at Product Development Team (PDT) meetings, also influencing and supporting across Clinical Development, Clinical trial operations, Regulatory affairs, Safety Risk management and Business Development & Licensing functions regionally.
- He / She will work closely and align with the relevant Global Product Development Teams / Clinical Science Study Management indication specific leads on EMEA regional clinical trial responsibilities
- To provide clinical support to the EMEA Global Clinical Trial Organisation, regulatory affairs, scientific affairs, medical affairs, business development and licensing functions within our research and development division.
- Identifies, establishes and maintains collaborative scientific relationships with key investigators, institutions and groups to identify and address scientific needs and stay abreast of current scientific trends in Oncology.
- The Clinical Director will also contribute to establishing Oncology Clinical Development Strategies and executing on short- and long-term research objectives.
- Support in creating a community of physicians within the organisation - from Development to country based Medical Directors, Medical Affairs Managers and Medical Science Liaisons.
- Fully comply with all company policies and applicable laws, regulations, and ethical standards.
Skills and Requirements
- Additional advance degree. MSc, PhD
- Board certified / eligible in oncology related clinical field and/or Industry Oncology Clinical Development experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to function in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Research background in design and implementation of clinical studies
- Must be able to collaborate to resolution and articulate clear scientific strategy
- Prior pharmaceutical industry experience
- Demonstrates skill incorporating financial data and deep industry knowledge to identify key business opportunities.
- Demonstrates the ability to champion global integration and coalition around core business strategies.
- Effectively scope, delegate tasks and allocate resources for meeting goals within project budget.
- Ability to act as our company's spokesperson, often being called upon to deliver high impact or significant business information to external audiences.
- Ability to identify and integrate patterns, trends and inconsistencies across multiple data sources to determine their broader implications.
- Demonstrates the ability to accelerate the decision-making process around complex issues by generating original, user friendly solutions.
- Oversees and/or executes the design, planning, and performance of innovative scientific/research/ development activities leveraging leading-edge approaches (eg, adaptive study design) to the most complex projects.
- Data Analysis, Interpretation & Communication
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Edward White at +44 203 854 2622 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.