Proclinical is currently recruiting for Chemist with a biopharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL.
- Plan and execute assigned laboratory tasks utilizing standard procedures and technical understanding of various techniques to complete assigned tasks.
- Execute experiments for analytical characterization and assessment of tier screening samples to report chemical, colloidal and conformational stability risk assessment in support of the lead candidate selection.
- Develop protocols for more complex tests or experiments performed with less defined assays and parameters.
- Apply basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and instrument related systems.
- Ensures safety and GxP requirements are met when performing tasks.
- Ensures timely and GxP compliant delivery of high-quality precise data.
- Search, study, and compile scientific and patent literature.
- Strong interaction and interdisciplinary work with colleagues and interfaces.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Medical Technology, Biology or related field with 2-5 yrs lab experience (pharmaceutical industry preferred) or Master's Degree.
- Expertise and hands-on-experience in the characterization of proteins by mass spectrometry.
- Experience in analytical methodology, such as chromatography, UV and compendial methods and bioanalytical techniques preferred (WCX, HIC, SEC, CGE, icIEF, particle imaging, ELISA and LC-MS).
- Solid documentation skills, familiarity of GMP, GLP.
- As a highly motivated, self-driven and results-oriented person with excellent communication and presentation skills you are driven by innovative ways of thinking to improve processes, methods, systems, products or services.
- You are well known to be an excellent team player with the ability to build strong networks with peers who has a strong desire for the application of new techniques and innovative solutions.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Catherine Nguyen at 15-531-5643.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.