Cell Culture Research Associate
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Cell Culture Research Associate with a pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Write and maintain accurate, complete, and timely data in laboratory notebooks
- Independently design specific laboratory experiments
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses of experimental procedures, data, and conclusions
- Effectively communicate results of experiments and analyses to supervisor and/or project teams.
Perform routine scientific experiments independently and be responsible for research and development in collaboration with others on projects
- Perform new procedures with only general instructions
- Make detailed observations, organize and analyze data, and interpret results in a clear and logical format (e.g., graphs, charts, summaries)
- Identify problems with experiments and troubleshoot solutions with guidance from supervisor.
Good understanding of basic experimental objectives and concepts of experimental design
- Maintain familiarity with current applicable scientific literature and contribute to the process of a project within her/his scientific discipline, as well as investigate, create, and develop new methods and techniques for project advancement
- Personal motivation to expand applicable scientific knowledge through reading and by attending seminars and research meetings
- Possess working knowledge of mammalian cell culture and sterile transfer technique
- Possess familiarity with cell enumeration and fluorescent staining
- Possess ability to set up and operate bench-top cell culture bioreactors
- May be required to occasionally work during evening or weekend hours
- Be well organized and detail oriented, effectively prioritize, eager to learn, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Possess advanced word processing, data entry, data presentation and analysis computer skills
- Comply with safety practices and standard operating procedures
- Exhibit and promote Core Competencies
Skills and Requirements:
- BS Degree in Physical or Life Sciences and 1-3 years laboratory experience, or MS Degree in Physical or Life Sciences and 0-2 years laboratory experience
- Possess a combination of education and experience in a physical and/or life science to work independently, serve as a resource for researchers, train new technicians, and help solve problems with instrument operation
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.)
- Typical laboratory bending, stooping, lifting requirements apply
- Lifting and moving supplies and equipment (up to 25 pounds)
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.