Business Development Director
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Business Development Director with a leading CRO located in San Diego, CA. As the Business Development Director, you will develop and maintain a pipeline of opportunities that will contribute to annual revenue targets by meeting the assigned sales quota.
- Develop and execute a sales territory plan to achieve assigned revenue goals. Keeps management informed of progress against plan by documenting business development activity in Salesforce.
- Record and track all leads and opportunities in Salesforce with appropriate detail to ensure full transparency and visibility on the status of each opportunity and the next step to progress all deals and/or client relationships.
- Demonstrate excellence in customer service orientation and high-level understanding of business drivers.
- Maintain up to date competitive market/scientific knowledge of any relevant metabolic disease area as required.
- Identify and develop profitable business relationships with new and existing clients/sponsors. Provide a consultative role with clients, providing education and information.
- Leverage specific industry conferences and exhibits to connect sponsors with CRO's Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). Actively use these events to promote the company's services and develop sales leads via contact with potential customers.
- Establish, nurture, and grow client relationships at the appropriate levels.
- Obtain and report competitor information, such as new products/services, pricing, and sales strategies during the process of sales generation. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with key internal stakeholders and partners, including the CEO, COO, Director, Clinical Strategies and Logistics, Director, Budgets and Contracts, etc.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, life science, or related field and at least 3 years of previous sales experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Advanced listening skills and ability to effectively overcome objections. Engaging storytelling skills to explain complex value propositions. Experience in negotiating with mid to large companies within life sciences. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to maintain the highest level of professional integrity and confidentiality.
- Competence to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Capability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact James Stevens at (+1) 646-693-0610 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.