Business Development, Associate Director
A leading global pharmaceutical company that specialises in the development of biological therapies is advertising a vacancy for a Business Development, Associate Director position. This company is one of the top 10 global pharmaceutical companies that operates in 140 countries worldwide and has market leading products in multiple therapy areas. Based in Shanghai, this is an exciting opportunity to work with an internationally renowned establishment.
- Identify high-impact external scientific innovation in China for the global team; territory could expand to greater Asia-Pacific region as appropriate.
- Provide assessments on those collaborations and alliances that will best advance company's biomedical mission.
- Facilitate scientific evaluations by leading or supporting cross-functional and cross-divisional teams, including representation from multiple functional areas, including research, development, manufacturing, safety, regulatory, commercial, legal, patents, and finance.
- Support China leadership team and related business development strategy.
- Build consensus for deal rationale among senior scientific management and other key company stakeholders, including Legal, Finance, and the Pharma organisation.
- Collaborate with the relevant deal teams and help facilitate the negotiation of complex and sensitive alliances.
- Interface with counterpart business development and licensing groups.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with key external collaborators in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and Academic arenas.
- Assist in preparing reports and updates for senior leadership.
- Present transactions to senior leadership as needed.
- Provide counsel on strategic and business issues to company disease area scientists as needed.
- Depending on experience, coach and mentor other business development professionals, formally or informally.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ph.D. or M.D. in a relevant Life Sciences discipline (M.B.A. a plus).
- 5+ years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience, preferably in with strong drug discovery and early development experience.
- Experience in assessing and evaluating early stage innovation projects, business development, and licensing; venture capital or management consulting a plus.
- Research experience is a plus.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in both Mandarin and English.
- Able to thrive in a complex, global, cross-functional and science-driven environment.
- Capable of managing projects and deadlines with autonomy.
- Domestic and international travel required (estimated 25%).
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Kirsty Zhuang at firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.