Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Bioprocess Associate for our client located in West Chester, PA. Successful candidate will design fit-for-purpose purification experiments according to the stage of development.
- Execute routine protein purification with affinity, ion exchange, and hydrophobic interaction chromatography using AKTA systems (Unicorn software)
- Critically analyses complex data, interprets and integrates experimental results with project objectives
- Write process development reports and ensure the timely delivery
- Prepare and present project updates internally and externally
- Researches and develops existing and new technologies/process improvements
- Provide expertise and insight to guide development of appropriate purification methods
- Develop novel purification processes as well as using standard methods to purify proteins from the mg to gram scale.
- Perform, develop and optimize robust, efficient, scalable strategies for improving process performance. Activities will include small-scale studies and pilot scale purification studies.
- Apply DOE methods to purification activities
- Support scale up and technology transfer to internal or external manufacturing facilities
- Write notebook and technical report for the study he/she performed.
- Potentially work in cGMP manufacture facility to support large scale manufacture
Skills and Requirements:
- BS or MS in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or related field with 0 - 5 years of relevant experience in biopharmaceutical environment.
- Good understanding of protein chemistry and protein purification principles
- Experience with AKTA chromatography systems is preferred
- Experience and knowledge of cGMP production and operations is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Highly motivated individual with ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Maya Smith at (+1) 267-405-6995 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.