Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Clinical Bioinformatics Engineer with a research company located in New York, NY. Successful candidate will support clinical bioinformatics activities, quality assurance and analysis across the Department of Pathology, by implementing cutting-edge pipelines for processing and analyzing next generation sequencing data.
- Work closely with key members of the team to identify, develop, and implement and support testing of the informatics systems needed for NGS workflows as well as other molecular lab assays.
- Work closely with other computational and IT teams to implement, test, and maintain systems for NGS data analysis, reporting, database repositories and data storage with suitable source control.
- Analyze performance of the bioinformatics infrastructure.
- Support the accreditation process of new NGS tests with New York State Department of Health (NYS-DOH) by providing the appropriate analysis results and documentation required.
- Work with vendors regarding technical support and upgrades; in collaboration, design the appropriate steps to test and validate those upgrades.
- Provide day-to-day assistance/support to Molecular Pathology's NGS operations.
- Support multiple projects simultaneously and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Participate in management strategic planning and development meetings.
- Direct and participate in developing new procedures and project plans in a timely effective manner.
- Attend and participate in hospital, IT and departmental meetings as required.
- Perform responsibilities in compliance with relevant Laboratory regulatory requirements.
Skills and Requirements:
- MS (alternatively BA/BS with extensive prior experience) in a field related to computer science, software engineering, bioinformatics, genetics.
- Knowledge of workflow languages and frameworks (e.g. CWL, nextflow).
- Experience with code development, optimization, automation, and testing, using common version control solutions.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and familiarity of common statistical environments (e.g. R and Bioconductor, SAS, etc.) desired.
- Knowledge of cloud-based solutions on multiple providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack) desired.
- Experience in a clinical sequencing center or pharmaceutical/biomedical companies a plus.
- Experience in processing next generation sequencing (NGS) data.
- Knowledge of containerization platforms (e.g. Docker, Singularity).
- Experience developing tools for pipeline automation, analysis and reporting pipelines, preferably for clinical tests preferred.
- Solid computational skills including scripting languages (e.g. Python or Perl).
- Solid knowledge of bioinformatics tools for NGS data analysis (e.g. samtools, GATK, bwa-mem, IGV, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology and genomics.
- Familiarity with system administration and networking.
- Familiarity with commonly used genomics databases (COSMIC, dbSNP, etc).
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Felix Hook at (+1) 646-367-2617 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.