Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Bioinformatics Analyst with our research firm located in New York, NY. Successful candidate will perform computational analysis of genomic data; write computer code and script to implement analytical pipelines.
- Perform custom bioinformatics and statistical analyses involving genomic and transcriptomics data.
- Assist with developing new software tools and write code for specific analyses.
- Implement analytics pipeline using scripting and coding.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS in molecular biology, genetics, bioinformatics, biomedical engineering or computer science desired. MS or PhD in systems biology, bioinformatics or computer biology is highly desired.
- Approximately 2 years of related experience.
- Knowledge proficiency in Unix.
- Programming experience in at least one of the following languages: R C, C++, Python, Perl, Java.
- Experience in biology and/or cancer biology is preferred.
- Experience working in an academic environment is highly desired.
- Previous experience in designing and building bioinformatics workflows preferred.
- Previous experience analyzing and summarizing genomic datasets preferred.
- Experience with R and Python programming, statistical analyses and use of next generation sequencing tools such as STAR, TopHat, CuffLinks, BWA, GATK and others.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and excellent written and oral communication skills, required.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a fast paced, deadline driven environment with multiple priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with genomics and bioinformatics in a clinical laboratory including setting up, testing and maintaining bioinformatics workflows.
- Ability to learn and deliver work in fast-paced and diverse environment.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Felix Hook at (+1) 646-367-2617 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.